John Gunn of Navidale c.1615-c.1660
John Gunn of Navidale, start at the second circle up on the LHS.
Okay, this line I know as I come from it.
· John Gunn of Navidale had a second son George. The first son line is shown going up the left hand side of the image.
· George had John (possibly also Donald and Robert- given in the rough chart))
· John had three sons
o 1st son George
o 2nd son Alexander
o 3rd son Hugh
· 1st son George married (Achnapster?) Miss Macleod Dalnaglain?
· This 1st son George had Hector Merchant Thurso married a sister of Captain Hugh Mackay Alibrig?
· This Hector had Lieut. George R.N. who married a daughter of Macdonald of Skabish? He was factor for the Duke of Sutherland
· This Hector had
o Donald factor for the Duke of Co???l dwi?
o Hector (present Chief) at Accra India.
Now, on the draft copy there is a sketch line for Donald (italics above). It goes
· Donald had John
· John had Rob?
· Rob had two sons
o John (and he had son Donald Balligil)
o William (and son Robert in Baligil?)
Going back to the main tree. (the following relates to my tree which I have placed earlier on this blog)
· The 2nd son Alexander married Janet Macleod Dalnaglaton died 1765.
· Alexander had
o 1st son John Braehour who married May a daughter of Dunbar of Hempriggs
§ This John had Donald of Brawlbin who married Cath Gunn Osclay Died 1861. (He had 1st son John of Durness married C. Gunn Clyth? 2nd son Alexander married Miss Campbell Achnaclay and son Peter 1869 Australia?)
§ 2nd son William (Who had William Waranga Park Victoria who had sons 1.William and 2.Alexander)
§ George (presumably 3rd son?) (Who had Alexander Thurso, Revd Aeneas Demerara died by 1869)
And back to the first point 3rd son Hugh
· Hugh had Alexander
· Alexander had Angus and George.
Thomas Sinclair, The Gunns, page 121 reads
John of Navidale by his second son George had Cadet branches, the first Donald, John, Donald, John, Robert in Autohr, John (with brothers John and William by a second marriage, William father of George in Swiney) and Donald in Balligil, with brothers George Robert and William. Robert in Autohr’s second son William by first marriage had a son Robert in Balligil.
The second cadet branch from John of Navidale was John (with brother Alexander father of George, whose son was Big Alexander, and also father of John, whose sons were William in Braehour and Donald the Sennachy, Brawlbin, the latter father of Captain Alexander Gunn, once in Braehour, now in Watten, who has a son Peter in Australia), George, Hector, George in Rhives, who had a brother Donald and son Hector.
Now, as said, before, the idea many have that all descendants of Gunn 'Chief' lines have gone is just wrong. I'm here as are many others...